We will be looking for creative, forward-looking, and technically-minded people to contribute either full time or in some fractional appointment to advance IT Power Plant across campus. This list is intended to give you a general overview of the needed roles and responsibilities. There are no guarantees that we will be able to find a match for everyone that has interest.
Security – Work closely with the campus security team and several of the Power Plant services to provide support in:
- System monitoring
- Vulnerability assessment
- Assurance and compliance
Service Administration – Work in system administration for backups, storage, servers, and virtual environments, application administration of SCCM, Munki and/or Airwatch, and user migration assistance. A list of duties could include:
- Perform the day-to-day operations of a service offering/tool, including such tasks as: regular maintenance and patching, resolving customer requests and incidents, posting to Status, populating and updating Contact Database, facilitating/completing After Action Reviews, conducting/addressing security vulnerability scans, documenting and updating configure items, and documenting and resolving problems
- Performs disaster recovery and high availability requirements gathering, develops overall design, assesses technical interoperability with existing services, and performs capacity planning
- Track and document service measurements as described by the owner
- Develop documentation for customers and IT support professionals (campus IT Pros, Unit Coordinators, Business Managers)
- Programming/Portal design
User Services/Customer Focused Support – Support, train, and provide service-specific consultation to IT pros and end users, in ways including:
- Serve as a subject-matter expert for the service
- Consult with departments, IT Pros, staff and students on the application of the service/tool/feature to meet business needs
- Serves as Help Desk liaison for service
- Triage and troubleshoot incidents for escalation to Tier 3 (administrator)
- Work with other service liaisons to identify cross-functionality among services and with owners and administrators to document use cases
- Coordinate educational and outreach efforts for service
Project Management – Assist in coordinating the implementation and operational plans moving forward.
Financial Analyst – Work with the business offices to coordinate billing for services.
Business Analyst – Aid in development of improved business process around services, create data and statistics for services using tableau or other means, and create reports.
Documentation Support – Document services, aid in the development of the Help Desk tool kit, including knowledge base articles, mapping tier 2 escalations for units, service catalog, and training materials.
WebStore – Work closely with WebStore and initiatives to combine licenses for things like VMware and Crashplan and create a self-service environment to work with the endpoint services initiatives.
Vendor Management – This role would span many initiative working to aid in the cloud services, working with the vendors selected through the web RFP process, and other areas for coordinating other vended solutions.
Programming – Develop service portal(s), create endpoint service packages, and provide scripting application development.
If you are interested in contributing part or full time to the implementation and/or operation of any of the IT Power Plant initiatives, please email email@example.com. Please include which initiative you would like to engage with, and what tasks and activities you perform for your unit that you think could be beneficial to the campus as a whole. Even if your interests lie outside of virtual machines, endpoint services, or web hosting, we’d like to hear from you. We will stagger the launch of other initiatives through the fall and beyond, and we will need your help to make them happen. We will do our best to find opportunities that fit your interest, the needs of the IT Power Plant, and the needs of your unit/department.